Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you're new here, message @Anate to get the proper rank!
  • XeXe
    I'm creating this topic for people to post questions about issues they're having or just things they want to know dealing with technology. Programming, hardware, networking, misc software they've installed and can't figure out, whatever. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it or I'm sure somebody will be able to help me out. I can't be the only technologically inclined person on here! :P
  • FinarinFinarin
    I'm trying to make my Table of Contents better on my Holy Priest Guide, and instead of just opening the link on the same tab / window, it opens a new tab by default whenever I click on the link. Here is an example of one of the links:

http://www.infinity-stormscale.com/forums/discussion/19/holy-priests-never-die#Item_2

How do I make this open the link on the same tab?
  • XeXe
    Alright, I don't know the capabilities of this forum but this should work if it accepts HTML coding...

In the table of contents, around each link you'll want to put the following...

<a href=\"#heading1\">Link to heading 1</a>

The ID can be whatever you want. Then, further down in the title to the next post, you'll want to put...

<h1 id=\"heading1\">Title to Post Number Two</h1>

And so on. Obviously for each link, you'll want to make the "#heading1" whatever different, but this should get the job done. If you need me to clear anything up, let me know.

Edit: Not quite sure, but for some reason in the code boxes, it's putting backslashes. There should be no backslashes anywhere in there, so just pretend they're not there. Lol
    Post edited by Xe at 2012-07-03 06:41:53
  • AnateAnate
    Link to hi there
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed ac libero sed tortor commodo pulvinar vel at arcu. Cras sed imperdiet elit. Suspendisse euismod consectetur congue. Donec sagittis ullamcorper pellentesque. Praesent ornare purus eros. Ut neque odio, vehicula sit amet auctor in, ornare eu magna. Sed at enim augue. In laoreet vulputate tempus. Ut mollis iaculis nisi, quis porttitor nulla condimentum a. Aenean pellentesque faucibus tortor, sed pharetra turpis sollicitudin a. Sed eu nulla at sapien convallis aliquam sed at nisl. Nulla mollis, elit sed facilisis pretium, dui neque tincidunt odio, non interdum nunc neque eu ligula. Nunc id lectus metus. Morbi eleifend justo at magna elementum vitae commodo massa tincidunt.

Donec egestas mi eget ante scelerisque dignissim. Integer accumsan purus ac sapien ullamcorper in elementum leo sollicitudin. Vestibulum pretium laoreet molestie. Nullam nisl metus, sagittis eget ultrices et, eleifend quis felis. Morbi tristique sagittis purus ut tempor. Suspendisse tempus arcu et lectus fermentum quis elementum ipsum accumsan. Integer tincidunt enim non tortor pharetra vel vestibulum nisl facilisis. Aliquam malesuada erat nec tortor tincidunt porta. Aenean imperdiet luctus felis at egestas. Aenean velit dui, tincidunt euismod molestie et, dapibus sit amet est. In vel ante libero. Donec nec sollicitudin augue. Sed iaculis orci quis lorem venenatis pulvinar. Curabitur non eros eu leo vehicula vulputate et ac dolor. Etiam iaculis erat eu purus interdum facilisis. Aliquam erat volutpat.

Suspendisse non tellus in dui tempor tempus at quis sapien. Aliquam vulputate rhoncus tincidunt. Suspendisse dapibus blandit ultricies. Cras in sem ligula, in tincidunt mi. Phasellus imperdiet felis mauris, in interdum velit. Fusce tincidunt sodales ante at placerat. Duis ultrices adipiscing neque, vitae blandit augue dictum a. Maecenas orci dui, tincidunt at eleifend eu, placerat nec nibh. Donec libero quam, imperdiet in mollis et, pretium eu nisl. Vivamus fermentum neque tempus leo hendrerit dignissim. Nunc metus mi, rhoncus a molestie sit amet, mattis ultrices nisl. Suspendisse vitae libero at quam ultricies pulvinar. Mauris nec accumsan diam.

Aenean vel ligula nisl. Suspendisse potenti. Donec tristique diam facilisis mi tincidunt ultrices nec sit amet diam. Proin volutpat sapien quis turpis pharetra eu sodales nisi mattis. Donec elementum ante vitae enim sollicitudin id vehicula tortor dictum. Duis et tortor mattis mi imperdiet pulvinar in a elit. Nulla vitae nisl est, vitae aliquam ligula. Integer suscipit suscipit turpis vitae iaculis. Fusce lectus nunc, tristique sit amet porta non, porttitor a nunc. Duis blandit ullamcorper faucibus. Sed fermentum libero vitae nulla luctus elementum. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Morbi iaculis dui at enim viverra tristique. Mauris gravida gravida purus vel imperdiet. Donec dapibus metus dui. Aliquam ultricies nisi eget augue tempor vitae sagittis felis dignissim.

Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Cras tristique posuere nisi, sed pharetra nisi tempor a. Phasellus tempus accumsan suscipit. Donec enim quam, venenatis id facilisis id, mollis at metus. Curabitur tempus quam ac ligula imperdiet feugiat. Pellentesque a iaculis magna. Duis lacinia ultrices urna, et pellentesque velit ornare et. Quisque tempor fringilla quam, eget malesuada lacus porttitor eget. Proin quis nulla quis erat dapibus placerat quis et sem. Quisque tortor dui, consectetur ut ornare id, pellentesque at tortor. Donec sed aliquam erat. Aliquam erat volutpat. Sed adipiscing dui non urna feugiat ac sollicitudin sem suscipit. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.

Hi there

Post edited by Anate at 2012-07-03 07:17:42
  • AnateAnate
    Xe's solution works for what you need, Fin :).

In a related note, do you find the links on the text box (Bold, Italics, Underline, etc) sufficient for editing, or would you like to see a more robust WYSIWYG editor? I implemented this one because it seemed simple, don't know if people would like something a bit more complex.
  • XeXe
    I believe the text box is efficient enough for the majority of the users. However, if at all possible, there should be the option to use a more advanced one. Due to the fact that I'm completely oblivious as to what forum we're running here, I don't know if we have that option available to us, nor would I know how to implement one.
  • AnateAnate
    said:

I believe the text box is efficient enough for the majority of the users. However, if at all possible, there should be the option to use a more advanced one. Due to the fact that I'm completely oblivious as to what forum we're running here, I don't know if we have that option available to us, nor would I know how to implement one.

This forum is powered by Vanilla. I'll have to try to have two version of the WYSIWYG box at the same time, and create a script to switch between the two. Or at least have the simple editor for comments (within threads), and a more complex one when creating threads.

The forum allows the use of simple HTML (also BBCode and Markdown), so it shouldn't be too difficult for anyone with basic knowledge of HTML to create pretty complex threads / articles. However, I understand that is not always an option.