Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you're new here, message @Anate to get the proper rank!
Feng the Accursed Heroic Mode
  • HennyaHennya
    Any sufficiently advanced play is indistinguishable from hacking.
    -trixter21992251 on Reddit
  • HennyaHennya
    Differences:
    -All four weapons are available to him every time he chooses.
    -He changes phases at 95%, 75%, 50% and 25%
    -There is a 4th phase where he grabs a shield. The ability he casts with this weapon rips soul fragments out of players which must be killed before they reach the shield.

Things to note:
    -It looks as though once he chooses his first weapon, he goes clockwise from there. I will watch more videos to confirm this.
    -When he has the shield, he throws it in a direction and everyone must run AWAY from it (if there is no barrier available). It then chooses a few random players and creates soul fragments that get pulled to the shield. These adds have about 3 mil health each.
    -It looks as though we can safely stack during the shield phase. Again, I will confirm.
  • HennyaHennya
    Alright, so we now have confirmation that he can start with either the staff or the spear, so I assume that the fists or shield are options as well.

We have also seen him go both clockwise and counterclockwise from his starting weapon, however we have never seen him go from one to another that is not directly to the left or right. However, this does not mean for sure that it is not possible.
  • HennyaHennya
    As far as cooldown timing goes:

For the fire spear, Barrier will be used on the second Draw Flame as he does not get many stacks from the first. HOWEVER, this means that we must push dps hard on the fire phase so that we do not get a Third Draw Flame. If we find ourselves hitting a third consistently, then I will change to using barrier on the first/third draw flames.

Suggestions for pushing dps on the spear phase:
    -Melee don't move far from the boss to drop wildfire
    -Save 5 min CDs that you might've opened with for the phase
    -2 skull banners
    -Potions
    -Possibly a lust, though I'd rather save that for healing through arcane velocities
    -Tanks sacrifice mitigation for damage

Healers also need to communicate better so that CDs do not overlap one another. This is true of both the spear phase as well as the staff phase.

We know that damage is absurd during the staff phase, so we may have to go with the suggestion xog gave out and make a loose circle around the boss. This would allow us to all be as close as possible for the velocities where barrier is on CD without the chance of an arcane resonance wiping us instantly.
  • XogXog
    found this other video from a healing (shaman, POV).
    It is not really a guide but I found it extremely useful in which you can see every phase very clearly without cuts/skips (make sure to view it in 720p though :p)
  • HennyaHennya
    Icy-Veins recently updated for heroic Feng. It seems that you can control which weapons he uses because he chooses the closest weapon when he hits a transition percentage.

In my opinion, starting with the staff will be the best choice, as it is the most intense damage wise. Spear is probably not ideal for last due to him increasing damage by 5% per phase, but him going into another phase with stacks of his fire burst is even worse.
  • XogXog
    Just because arcane velocity/resonance seems to be our worse phase by a long shot (including normal) I do think should be the first on the principle of having 20x 3m wipes better than 20x 9 mins wipe.
    That being said, I think fire (second hardest phase) should be the last with the idea that healers wont have to worry too much about conserving any mana left or using an extra healing cooldown "out of time" or simply letting 1 person die in order to make sure all other 9 dont. Also, assuming we can work out the mechanics of arcane phase well enough so we can conserve lust for last phase (hopefully fire) it would help.
  • I agree with Xog doing the fire phase last, just like they did in the video, because that way there will be less to worry about mechanic-wise it seems and we can just focus on burning him and healing through the damage with less chance of things one-shotting us at the end. I still think that lusting in the beginning to get through the staff phase ASAP is our best time to use it. I think that if we do it in that order it will give us the best chance to kill him and I know we can do it this Tuesday and hopefully kill Gara'jal too! :)
  • HennyaHennya
  • HennyaHennya
    Feng has been downed thanks to some quick thinking on the unexpected. Just to make note of what I'm talking about:

We had planned for a 1 barrier, 1 CD staff phase, on getting a third Arcane Velocity, the other healers used their CDs so that barrier would be up for the first, immediate shield throw.

We got spear phase 3rd instead of 4th due to placement issues. Lust, etc. got us through it, and using barrier on the second Draw Flame instead of the first was definitely the right choice as it was less stacks overall and he didn't go into P4 with any stacks of his buff. Just so you know, I had actually planned to barrier the first Draw Flame until I was reminded a few seconds before it happened.

Dodging Lightning Fists.