Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you're new here, message @Anate to get the proper rank!
Garalon
  • HennyaHennya
    Post edited by Hennya at 2012-10-30 23:31:43
    Any sufficiently advanced play is indistinguishable from hacking.
    -trixter21992251 on Reddit
  • HennyaHennya
    Notes:
    -Ranged DPS will kite the boss around the edge of the room, passing off pheromones whenever their stacks of pungency get too high to heal.
    -Tanks will stand in front of the boss to soak his cleave ability. Lots of healing will be necessary.
    -DPS will dps legs. Damage to legs also deals damage to the boss.
    -Stay stacked unless you're next to take pheromones.
    -Don't EVER stand in the circle under the boss. You will die.
    Post edited by Hennya at 2012-10-30 14:44:16
  • HennyaHennya
    So I fucked up big time on this last night. For Thursday, we will be having the tanks and maybe one or two healers (depending on how tank damage is going) take pheromones and be the only kiters. This should both free up DPS to do their thing more efficiently and more often as well as allow tanks to gain more vengeance to get good DPS going as well. I don't expect many problems on this fight on Thursday, so please look into the next three fights and know what you need to do for those.
  • HennyaHennya
    To elaborate: Kelyos will start with pheromones. I will hold it to somewhere between 40 and 60 stacks before swapping it to me. I will do the same before swapping it back to him or to a third person who will hold it for much less time than the two of us.

At 40 stacks, the damage will tick for 90,000 damage before mitigation. At 60 stacks, 105,000. If such damage is too much for either of us to be healed for, we will have a healer take the buff at around 35-45 stacks.

If we are successfully able to swap off at about 60 stacks, that is 2 min per person and thus there will be a grand total of 3 Crush attacks, assuming we swap at the 6 min mark (meaning he's not dead by then).

Kelyos will definitely be able to handle 60 stacks with AMS, though I might have more trouble with it. This will also put healers in a better position to do some dps on the side as there will be less raid damage and instead of large ticks to 4 people, it'll be huge ticks to 2 people.
  • AnateAnate
    I don't think we should have tanks taking the Pheromones. Kelyos (or you) could start with it by pulling the boss, but then it should be passed to a healer or ranged DPS.

If a tank is taking the Pheromones debuff, he's going to be leaving Pheromones Trails behind. Running away from the Pheromones Trail might take you out of Furious Swipe range, which will kill the other tank. Since you're both standing quite close for the Furious Swipe, it's also possible that you'll transfer Pheromones accidentally, causing extra Crush damage. Lastly, if you have a 40-60 stack on you, and you're taking upwards of 90,000 damage, that is over 45K DPS on the tanks, who also have to take Furious Swipes. Tank death becomes a bigger issue then, especially when we account for Crush damage and the stun on the healers.

-----

I think cleaning up our last strat would be ideal. A tank / healer can pull the boss so we have all the DPS on him from the start. This would be an ideal time to use Bloodlust, since we'll have everyone alive, all CDs available, and pre-pots. After that, we can rotate healers taking Pheromones. Since we'll be switching every 20 stacks, we will need 4 people to take the debuff. If we start with a tank taking Pheromones, the rotation could be:

Kelyos / Hennya --> Rhijan --> Iclutch --> Numuheals.

By the time Numu has to switch, the debuff on the first person falls off. If we're using a tank for the first one, I don't think we should use a tank after Numu (for the reasons explained above). Xog could take the fifth Pheromone, since his damage shouldn't be affected tremendously by having to stutter step.

-----

I don't think we should try to reinvent the wheel every pull. Our last few attempts were fairly good, outside of personal failings (like me dying to a Furious Swipe).
  • Either way we decide to do this I still think that what I said last night with the Ranged DPS staying on the boss itself only is the best way to go. There's two reasons why this should happen this way. The first is that Reaxe and I can handle the legs ourselves no problem at all. The second being that as switching to Combat and using Blade Flurry, all the attacks I do to the legs also hit him for the same amount I do to the leg. I was getting 300k Eviscerate crits on the legs last night which in turn hit the boss for the same amount. The more big crits I can get on the legs that hit him as well equals more damage done to him overall, so the more damage I can do the legs the better. With Ranged on the legs too they die too quickly, we end up waiting for him to regenerate one and that's less damage that I could be doing to him overall. Since we weren't having any issues killing them together, mostly before another would spawn, I think this would be most beneficial so we need to have Ranged on HIM ONLY the whole time. That will also make it easier for the Ranged to move as a group while only having to worry about focusing him down instead of multiple targets.
  • HennyaHennya
    The fight was hotfixed to push the Massive Crush back to about the 7:05 mark. I just wish they had done it sooner :(