Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

If you're new here, message @Anate to get the proper rank!
Wind Lord Mel'jarak
  • HennyaHennya

Post edited by Hennya at 2012-10-30 23:38:34
    Any sufficiently advanced play is indistinguishable from hacking.
    -trixter21992251 on Reddit
  • HennyaHennya
    I'm not too fond of his explanation, so please do go to icy veins and read it over, too.
    http://icy-veins.com/wind-lord-mel-jarak-detailed-strategy-wow

• HennyaHennya
    Boss Notes:
    -Dodge his boomerang
    -We'll try not to bring him below 75% before adds are taken care of so we don't have to also deal with bombs.
    -Heal through his rain of blades. Use defensive CDs as necessary, though saving the for the blademasters is best.

Add Notes:
    -There are three of each Battle-Mender, Blademaster and Amber-Trapper.
    -Each "Swarm" (three of the same add) has shared health.
    -We'll start by CC'ing all the Battle-Menders and on Blademaster.
    -We can control dps so that both the Blademasters and Amber-Trappers are low on health at the same time, then kill them both off quickly, leaving only the Battle-Menders to deal with.
    -Battle-Menders are a low priority if both other add swarms are dead, so they won't have to be CC'd and can be cleaved down with the boss if we perform well.
    -If any Battle-Menders are up, their heal needs to be interrupted.

Mechanics Notes:
    -When someone gets trapped in amber, they MUST be broken out quickly.
    -We need a rotation of amber breakers.
    -If you get the pool-dropping debuff, run along the outside of the room.
    -Unless we are having trouble with the adds, we will lust once we're focusing the boss.
  • This fight doesn't seem that difficult once we get our assignments situated. As for CC assignments, we'll of course have Xog trapping one. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to Sap one before the fight begins and then with the spears that anyone can use to CC, I can Sprint and get one after Sapping one to CC another if it works out that way. The other two should probably be Reaxe doing one since he can Heroic Leap to a spear and then Charge stun the add he's going to CC. The 4th one maybe Shado with Ghost Wolf form?

Hennya, I like your idea of bringing them all low on health and then finishing them off. We'll have to work quickly though if we're leaving the Amber's up since they can trap healers and with 2 Blademasters up there will be a lot of damage going out so we'll need to kill them ASAP. Also we need to have people assigned to Menders for interrupts. I'm not sure what their times are in between casting heals but I would think I can handle one easily with Kick Glyphed. Have Shado on one with Wind Shear and probably Reaxe on the third unless you have someone else in mind for it. What do you think about this?
  • HennyaHennya
    As far as the CCs go, it's simply going to take practice and adjustments to figure out. The interrupts is a good point, though, especially if one of the Menders breaks out of CC when we don't want it. My best idea is to have each shaman focus target a different one and make a focus target macro for their Wind Shear as they both have it and it's a 15 sec CD. The third one can then be handled by the melee/tanks/whoever else.
  • HennyaHennya
    So.... We found that we're running short on time. One option is simply to try it with our regular team meaning higher dps and just hope it goes better.

Another possibility, and one that would also help with healing at the end (especially considering we didn't even get to see his Wind Bomb ability) would be to start CCs the same way we had them, never kill the Battle-Menders and simply interrupt them until the other two swarms are dead, then dispel the quickening buff they give whenever they cast it.
  • HennyaHennya
    Here's an interesting video. Not sure if it was on purpose (though it's possible to do it on purpose) but they got the Amber-Trappers and Battle-Menders low, then killed both off right after a Kor'thik strike. They were then able to burn the Battlemasters down before the next Kor'thik strike (just barely). The Battlemasters were at about 60% when they killed the other two off.
  • HennyaHennya
  • HennyaHennya
    So I think we can be agreed that DPS is still very tight on this fight. Killing adds at the same time, not letting a single heal off and one tanking it was key.